Dienstag, 13. September 2011

Kapitel 7 Readings

All the articles I read today were very insightful on German culture. I compared our American ways to the German culture, and realized that we may not get along well. I found it disappointing that grocery stores in Germany charge extra for bags and shopping carts, so people bring their own baskets and such. I have heard before that Germans are more aware of the global effects of pollution much more than Americans so maybe they are trying to reduce the use of plastic bags. Charging for shopping carts is just another way to make a quick buck.
Rules on the road make the country seem like a cut-throat society. Almost everything not done properly results in a ticket or apperently death. I found it interesting that if someone owns a fast car, they actually are allowed to use its full potential on the Autobahn. Not stopping at red light or jaywalking is dangerous in any country so I wasnt suprised by that.
As for the lines, I think I would be able to handle myself well. It is apperently every man for themselves, or you have to have the guts to stand up for yourself if cutted. Soccer I already figured is the equivalent to football in America. The articles about the Student passes are fairly similar to ours in college when it comes to discounts and free transportation. Finally, I found the articles about Stuttgart and Munchen to less interesting.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.