I also liked the article Wie Studierende ihr Studium finanzieren. The college tuition for Germany is very cheap compared to the tuition here in the U.S. The new tuition fee is 500 Euro, but students also pay for housing, books and supplies. Just like here, they can also get financial aid to help out for college. I also think it is very interesting that they have 3 different types of schooling that start in 5th or 6th grade. There are 3 different paths a student to take for their later on careers. We do not have that here in the U.S. and find it hard to think about picking a school that would later determine the career I would have when I was that young. It is a different schooling system, but I think that it is very unique and also has its own benefits.
Samstag, 1. Oktober 2011
Kultur 2
One of the texts that I found interesting was that Germans do not like moving air or drafts. They think it will cause illness and they do not prefer it. They would rather suffer the heat instead of opening windows to let air in. I love cool air This also ties into the another article on saunas. Germans love saunas spend a decent amount of time in them, regardless of sex or family or co-workers. There are over 2,300 public saunas and more sweat rooms and more saunas in hotels and private homes. They are very popular in Germany and there is even a sauna club. There is an interesting metaphor that goes along with the saunas, the country is feeling the heat through economic and structural worries.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.