Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

Kultur 2

Draftophobia: I think it's quite strange that the German people are afraid of drafts. It seems like a rather silly thing for such a large amount of people to be afraid of. Why would someone be afraid of moving air? Are they afraid of the wind? Because that's exactly the same thing. I'm surprised that the German people would rather sit in a sweltering office, train car, or bus rather than cool down by letting some air in.

You have what?: I didn't find it rather surprising that Germans catch different illnesses than Americans. They live in a different part of the world with different sicknesses. However, their aversion to medications was weird. It seems like the German people are deep rooted in old superstitions about medicine and deny their place in modern society. So maybe their quirky illnesses are all just in their heads because they think they'll get them if they encounter a breeze. Who knows?

Philologus ad Nauseam: I think a college system where there is little pressure to graduate is an interesting idea, at least for students. A system where parents aren't pressuring students to graduate in 4 years and get a degree is a strange concept to me. I wouldn't mind going to college at all if it meant that I could just bum around for 7 years and sit on a beach somewhere. However, I think this is caused because German students don't have to pay for college. If they actually had to pay to be in college, more than likely this pattern of students graduating when they are 30 would come to a halt. If they had to pay anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000 a year, I don't think too many students would be chillin for 7 years in college.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.