Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

Kultur2 Zach Schmitt

Draftophobia: The most interesting thing about this article is that Germans do not like drafts while they are driving or while in the office, but when they are riding their bikes they don't seem to worry about it. You would think that this would be one of the things that they would be most worried about. Oh and the fan in the office thing was crazy, if it is your own office then you should be able to have windows open or a fan going without people telling you to change it.

You have What?: This article wasn't very interesting for me. I already had an assumption that most different countries will have different prominent illnesses and the translations could give people the wrong idea. I was however shocked to learn that Germans do not use medication as much as we Americans do. I am not a fan of tea so I don't think I would have made it out of my youth without medication.

Sauna Obsession: I have never actually been in a sauna, but have wanted to. Saunas in German seem to be as present as a McDonalds in America. Personally I think that saunas across the world should be uni-sex, i do not see a problem in it at all.

Philologus Ad Nauseam: It was interesting to learn that Germans on average are not graduating until they are 30. Espicially since I can graduate by the time I am 22 or even 26 if I end up going to law school. If I was in their positions I don't think that I would wait so long to graduate. Sure it seems like they would have an easy life during this period, but I can't wait to get out of school and start making real money for myself.

Brennpunkt Kultur: The German college experience seems way to complicated for me. I do my best to avoid huge lecture classes. It is also funny hearing that German students complain about having to pay 500 euros in order to get an education, when many people in America have to pay 40 to 50 thousand dollars.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.