I find it interesting that this English film is so popular in Germany and completely unknown in most english speaking countries. It sounds like a funny skit, however it does not seem like something that I would be interested in watching year after year. I am glad that I have been introduced to this piece of German culture and will try to watch the film at some point soon.
Sorry, we're closed:
This part of german life does not appeal to me at all. I find it crazy that stores are closed on sundays and have such limited hours during the week. I do most of my shopping either late at night or on sundays so these store hours would mean that I could not buy anything at all. It seems that stores would increase their sales greatly if the hours of operation were a little bit better.
Booze Brothers:
It is very strange to me that German father's day tradition is so different from American tradition. Father's day here is usually just a lazy sunday that includes brunch, a greeting card and maybe a movie. I cannot imagine that it would be an opportunity for men to get completely wasted. It seems like a fairly frightening holiday, actually. I don't quite understand why it focuses so heavily on drinking instead of actually spending time with the father of the family. I'm sure that there are many other opportunities to get drunk without having to exploit such a nice holiday!
Frohe Weinachten:
I really enjoyed reading about the German christmas markets. It seems like a lot of fun to be around and participate in one of these festivities. I believe that it would make the holiday season much more fun than it already is. I was lucky enough to be in Germany one Christmas when I was very young, and although I do not remember everything I do remember that it was a very festive atmosphere and that I enjoyed it a lot.
Zermatt:
I read a blog post about someone learning to ski in Zermatt, Switzerland. It seems like a great place to take your first ski trip. The famous Matterhorn is located here and it seems like a wonderful experience. I love skiing and I hope to one day have the same experience at this woman.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.