From the readings I gathered that old german ladies are tough when it comes to getting groceries and would probably even stab you in the back to get what they wanted. That supermarket employees are rude and that chain stores don't have to worry about lawsuits.
I have never heard of any stores that charged you money for grocery bags and to borrow a cart, its a very weird concept compared to the typical american way of supermarket shopping. However, apparently Aldi can be found in America, such as the one found in Bay City MI (which I found out discussing this with my roommate who is from Bay City). I personally have not been there but plan to try it out next time I am near one. At that one they also charge for bags and to use the carts, which is still kind of different. It is also like a savealot store with cheaper items and off brand groceries that mock the name brand.
I think its funny that to germans "american style" things can be anything from cookies, to ice cream, to toasters, and rice. I would think that rice would be more of an African or Asian thing, than american. Cookies and Ice Cream makes sense because some Europeans think americans are fat and lazy. But where do toasters come into play?
As for Stuggart and Munich, Both places seem like wonderful places to be. Matter of fact reading about them makes me want to be anywhere else but here. I think that its interesting to think about their automotive industry with porche and BMW and mercedes because Detroit had such a huge auto industry but it is slowly diminishing. I wonder if theirs is also under Economic hardship. My boyfriend went to Oktoberfest once and he said it was one of his favorite things about Germany. Actually we argue about which European country is the best all the time and when I mention Oktoberfest he has to agree that Germany is in the top 5.
I really like how in Germany the sport clubs are outside of the schools. I think sports in school can lead to divisions within students and favoring of atheletes by teachers. Also, that way kids who put in the effort will reap the rewards of years of hard practice and anybody can get involved if wanted. However, I still like football better than soccer.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.