Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

Schmitt Kultur1

The lesson that I will take most to heart after reading the culture texts is to not trust little old ladies. Whether its at the super market or waiting in line at the bank.

Bargain-Buys- The thing that shocked me most was how in Germany one would have to buy the bags they use and also pay for the cart. Also how if there is a mess that they don't clean it up right away. In a country that thrives on rules I thought that they would be even quicker than here in the U.S. If it is that much cheaper than other stores these minor inconvencies would not be enough to make me shop elsewhere.

German Roads- I always wondered if people did drive that crazy on the AutoBahn, I was happy to hear that they do and am very excited to hopefully drive on it one day. Driving that fast would be a good experience even if it is my last. I was shocked to find out that not using your turn signals would result in a ticket and passing on the right of the Autobahn is also frowned upon. Oh and don't pollute the air, turn your engine off even if you only have to wait 30 seconds.

Waiting in line- This article should never be shown to young kids in elementary school. It is the complete opposite of what we learn in the U.S. Instead of waiting your turn and being polite, it seems like Germans will do anything they can to get in front of you in line. If you take your eyes off where you are going for one second you could be at the end of the line. This is ridicilous.

The in book texts were less interesting. We get student ids here at michigan and I know some high schools give them out too, but I have never heard of them giving discounts. Soccer is pretty boring for me, but not alot of people like baseball. I guess its just what you grow up with as a child. The readings about the cities were not very interesting. It was kinda cool learning that Porsche is made in Stuttgart but thats the only thing i found interesting.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.