Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011

Kultur 3

Bureaucracy Gone Awry - This article reminded me of my childhood. My mom used to save every certificate I earned and every major school assignment that I completed. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to this. On one hand, if I ever need to look back on something that I previously did, it's there. However, it makes for a lot of paperwork. There are several boxes at my house filled with my old papers. I couldn't imagine trying to wrangle documents out of this mess to include in a resume or application, as the article claims they do in Germany.

Love Thy Neighbor - This article makes Germans seem very up-tight, but I think a lot of the things described are just a matter of being a respectful neighbor. Not being too loud after a certain hour and keeping your yard well kept are perfectly reasonable expectations. However, grilling and washing your car seem a bit to picky to me.

Wien/Össtereich - Austria seems like it would be a beautiful place to visit. First of all, there's the Alps. There is also a lot of history mixed with a lot of modern touches. There's die Ringstraße and the residences of the former Hapsburg emperors in Wien. There's Innsbruck located in the Alps. And there's Salzburg, the home of Mozart.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.