Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011

Kultur Text

I thought Breaking the Wall Down in the Head was interesting. I think that it is important to see that the Berlin Wall is still meaningful to the Germans today even though it was knocked down 14 years ago. The westerns don't like the easterns and the easterns don't like the westerns. There are still some people that wish the wall was still up and that Germany was not reunified. I think this is important in the German culture and can teach us a lot about what they believe in and think.
Germany's Real Divide is a unexpected article. You would think that the divide in Germany was the west and east, but it turns out that it is more with the north and south. They do not like each others food, religion and most importantly accents. The north and south truly do not like each other very much and are not very unified.
The first three readings in the book were very interesting and were about the history of Germany. They built off of each other by continuing the timeline from the previous text. I think the history is very interesting and tells a lot about Germany. Over the past 100 years Germany has had a lot of turmoil, wars and divisions within the country. Germany has been through a lot including rulers, dictators (Hilter), wars, and the Berlin Wall. Putting the story together really shows Germany's past and present development as a country.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.