Much of the content is repetetive, and can be divided into these topics:
The Ostalgie: I can understand the feeling of east Germans' for their past life under DDR, for people who experience major social or life changes would typically have this sort of nostalgia. Life is completely different now, and you might, at some point, feel that the way it used to be is better than present. I'm nostalgic for some socialist features which have already faded in China but prevalent in the 90s. People from the 70s said the social atmosphere was even better then.
Reunification of Germany: I am more interested in the story of Bismarck and the first reunification conducted by this Eiserner Kanzler, although it is only briefly discussed in the textbook, so I did a little more study on him. His political and diplomatic manipulation were fantastisch and I think he might be one among the greatest diplomatists and militarists. On the other hand, it is interesting to see how Germany evolved as a divided country after War II and how people were reacting to those changes. The roles that other western countries and Soviet Union have played remain a question to me.
Difference between Germans: I guess German people generally have some sort of bitterness in their personality. Although the regional things happen worldwide, Germans have a particularly strong one.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.